Whilst studying towards a Bachelor of Science degree (Quantity Surveying), I completed a thesis on Timber Frame Construction. This sparked a deep passion for a craft which I have been fortunate enough to call my occupation for the past 20 years.
Sue and I married in 2003 and with our combined, complimentary qualities our business began to flourish. The fact that all new business has been as a result of word-of-mouth recommendations can only be attributed to our passion, quest for quality and our reliable, highly competent hard working teams.
We believe that building a Timber Home should be one of your most exciting life experiences. Take a look at the comments posted by clients on this website as testimony to the importance of our good builder/client relationships. Some of our projects have included building homes via e-mail correspondence, eventually meeting the client with luggage in hand, at the culmination of the project.
But most importantly for us, Timber is a way of living, it’s about the feel and comfort our homes give you – Timber Frame Construction should be the norm as opposed to the exception.
There are no restraints limiting your imagination & design and we look forward to building your new petimberhome together.
Ian and Sue Smit
- We offer you the client over 20 years of experience in Timber Frame Construction.
- We are accredited members of the NHBRC (National Home builders Registration Council) www.nhbrc.co.za thereby assuring you and your financial institution that your investment is a secure one.
- We are accredited members of the Institute of Timber Construction (an organisation with a 29 year record of promoting and maintaining acceptable standards in Timber construction in South Africa). www.itc-sa.org
- We build according to the South African National Building Regulations standards SANS10400 and automatically achieve the standard required for registration with the National Home Builder Registration Council (NHBRC).which are also easily designed to meet the requirements of the new Energy Efficiency regulations SANS 10400 Part XA.
- Your home will be well-built, structurally sound, comfortable and safe.
- We will design you a home to suit your individual needs and taste.
- Whether you see yourself in a quaint starter home, a cape cod style, a secluded vacation getaway or a cozy retirement retreat, we will adapt to your ideas and preferences.
- Digital photographs can be e-mailed to you to keep you apprised of the project at all times and happy with the results.
- We can build your timber home much faster than it would take to build a conventional brick home.
- We pride ourselves on our quality and workmanship.
- Members of our team have been with us for 20 years. We are honest, reliable and trustworthy. Our testimonials page affirms this.
- Every house we build is handcrafted to the very highest standards.
- You’ll have unlimited flexibility of design limited only by one’s imagination.
- Years after you’ve moved in, we’ll still be there to help and advise you.
- We make building a new home an exciting and hassle free experience for you. We will hold our hand throughout the entire process.
- Ian is a qualified Quantity Surveyor and will keep you up to date with your project costs and variations at all times. We communicate weekly if not daily to keep you apprised thereby eliminating unwanted surprises for both parties.
- Every aspect of your plot and each detail of your plan is given the most careful consideration.